WE DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS OUTSIDE EUROPE
Smoothies: Virgin Coconut Oil goes very well in shakes and smoothies. Try it with strawberries, natural bio yoghourt, a generous serving spoon of coconut oil and just sufficient semi-skimmed milk to blend. Put all the ingredients into a blender and whiz until smooth. This would work well with any fruit combination. There are many excellent books on juices and coconut oil would work well with almost everything. If juicing vegetables, extract the juice first and then mix as above with natural yoghourt and coconut oil, but exclude the milk. Let your imagination run riot and have fun! Petrina - UK (Thanks to Petrina for this tip).
All recipes use Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
DEN'S ICE CREAM RECIPE
- Den's ice cream
- Coconut Oil Bread (using a bread maker). Tasty and nutritious.
- Non dairy bread recipe supplied by Catriona Janes from the Specific Carbohydrate Recipe file. Gluten/casein and yeast free.
- Marrakech Chicken and Lentils
- Organic Carrot Cake
- Quick and Tasty Coconut Spuds
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in liquid form
- juice of a lime and the zest
- 150 ml water
- a packet of gelatin or carageen to make up 1 pint of jelly
- sweetener of your choice.
Blend the coconut milk (both the more solid cream and the milk from the tin), virgin coconut oil and egg yolks together thoroughly, add the lime juice and zest and blend again then add the water/gelatin mix and blend again. At this point I add my sweetener. I use either a herb called stevia or a sweetener called splenda. The freezing of the ice cream will make the taste less sweet than it tastes at this stage, so I add enough sweetener to make the mix taste a bit too sweet. This needs a little experimentation and the results depend on the sweetener you use and how sweet you like it. Then I pour it into my ice cream maker and 20 minutes later I have a wonderfully healthy coconut and lime ice cream. You could pour it into a container and freeze it in the freezer if you don't have an ice cream maker. Notes
Prepare the gelatin or carageen in the water according to the instructions on the packet and stir well to make sure it dissolves.
I also use a few drops of lime oil, which adds a wonderful kick but it's very hard to find here in the UK. I got mine from the American Spice Company. You could do the same with lemon oil, which is easier to find here, or if you want more lime flavour add the zest of another lime. The gelatin or carageen jelly mix is to stop the ice cream freezing solid in the ice cream maker. Without sugar it would start to go solid very quickly and ruin your machine. The jelly replaces the action of the sugar so that you can churn the ice cream without a disaster. Be warned, after it has been frozen in your freezer it will need some time to thaw out before eating as it will freeze very hard. Commercial ice creams have sugar as well as other additives that stop ice cream from freezing solid, but homemade ice cream sets rock hard. As I use a machine to churn my ice cream I don't know if the coconut oil would come out of suspension if you simply made up the mix and put it into the freezer to set. I haven't tried this yet. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
COCONUT OIL BREAD RECIPE FOR BREAD MACHINE
In this order:
- 360 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 350 gm wholemeal flour (organic if possible)
- 150 gm plain flour (organic if possible)
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 packet yeast
- sprinkle sesame seeds on top once the dough has stopped rotating
For extra flavour and crunch add one or more of the following at the recommended time for your machine: broken walnuts -pumpkin seeds -sunflower seeds linseeds
NON DAIRY BREAD RECIPE
- 2 cups finely ground almonds (if possible grind until becomes nut butter)
- 3 whipped egg whites (that have peaked)
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients, except egg whites, in food processor. Remove, put into bowl.
2. Add whipped egg whites.
3. Bake in bread pan at 350oF (180oC) until light brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean when you test it by inserting it in the centre of the loaf.
You can add a little black pepper, garlic powder and mixed herbs.
Alternatively add 2 cloves garlic, a half courgette and chop all together in a food processor and then add whipped eggs and mix by hand. Because it is a wetter mixture it is suggested that it is baked in a pie plate so that it cooks a little better inside.
If you plan to use for stuffing a chicken or turkey, you can take out the courgette and add fresh sage, rosemary and thyme (or any other flavours you would like).
MARRAKECH CHICKEN AND LENTILS
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan Coat the chicken pieces with flour, shaking off excess. Add to frying pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove and place on a plate. Add lentils, spring onions, apricots, raisins, parsley, ginger, salt and spices to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to an oven proof dish. Put the chicken on top. Add water, cover and place in oven. Bake 30 minutes, uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken and lentils are tender. Serves 4
- 1tbsp. 100% Pure Virgin Coconut oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts chopped into pieces
- 6oz wholemeal flour
- 8oz brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 12 whole dried apricots (3 oz.), quartered
- 5oz golden raisins
- 2oz fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. EACH ground allspice, cinnamon, cumin and red pepper (cayenne)
- 120ml water with 1 teaspoon of vegetable Bouillon powder dissolved into it.
ORGANIC CARROT CAKE
Beat all the above ingredients together and place in a baking tin greased with virgin coconut oil.Cook in preheated oven at 180oC / 350oF for 45 - 60minutes. (Check with a metal skewer - the cake is ready when it doesn't stick!)
- 8oz organic grated carrots
- 8oz organic soft brown sugar
- 6oz organic virgin coconut oil
- 4oz organic plain wholemeal flour
- 2oz organic chopped walnuts
- 2 organic free range eggs
- Grated zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
QUICK AND TASTY COCONUT SPUDS (POTATOES)
Preheat oven to 200oC.Melt the coconut oil in the oven in a large baking dish. Peel and thickly slice the potatoes and the garlic and place them in the dish, making sure they are well covered with the melted coconut oil.Sprinkle to taste with organic sea salt.Check them after 20 minutes and turn.Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until crunchy (and very yummy!)
- 1 LARGE BAKING POTATO PER PERSON (preferably organic)
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC PER PERSON (preferably organic)
- 1 DESSERT SPOON OF ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL PER PERSON
COCONUT OIL QUICK BUY
|If you don't have a PayPal account you can
check out with your debit or credit card as usual
by clicking on the 'check out' button and then on
'Don't have a PayPal Account?'
Prices include shipping charges
We do not ship to destinations outside Europe.
If you place an order from outside the EU then your payment
will be refunded less any applicable handling charges.
Best Before date on current stock is 01/2014
Please be sure you've read our Terms & Conditions and Distance Selling Regulations before purchasing. No responsibility will be taken for personal taste. Each batch of coconut oil can vary in taste and fragrance depending on the prevailing growing conditions.